Monday, July 16, 2012


Hi Blog,

Can  I explain why I haven’t called?

Honestly…. I just didn’t quite get around to it.

W and I have been productive lately though.  This past weekend, we did yet another goodwill trip and yet another IKEA and Costco run.  I love! Costco but every other week…it seems like a lot.  After finally getting rid of some extra furniture and getting some more shelving for the storage unit, the apartment is livable again.  This has been a really long process. Longer than I wanted it to go that’s for damn sure.

But when money is kinda tight you can’t go out and buy everything at once…not that we would have really known what to really get.  It’s amazing to be able to walk around freely in the living room and now when we need to vacuum it won’t involve furniture we’re STILL planning on getting rid of.

It may be sad but I think my favorite productiveness of this weekend is the second set of shelves in our storage unit.  It’s ALL camping gear.  And if we need to pack in an hour again… clear the shelves and we’re packed.  It’s awesome.  I may be a little too proud of that one.

The second fish tank is almost fully operational again (our awkward 15 vertical tank) . Complete with 1 fish, rocks, plants, background, and assassin snail for when we get an infestation.  We’re just planning on it from now on.  We got another snail problem in the little 4 gallon tank.  W’s really getting into his tanks.  I’m glad he has a hobby, even if it is expensive although if it were me I’d rather get my big projects done instead of starting/maintaining new littler ones.

But hey I’ve been realizing I have control issues I need to deal with. And I should never miss another massage. 

Any other updates to my life? 
1.       Endomondo.com – first App I have ever paid for!  It was on sale for $1 (vs. 4) and would have been worth every penny of the bigger price.  I ride my bike to work every day.  This tracks how long, elevation, speed, and roughly how many calories I should have burned.  It’s pretty freakin’ sweet.  It also has challenges that you can join – fitness related of course and it tracks it all for you.  Love it.
2.       Adobe… - it may soon be mine.  God I hope so. I’m itching to start projects (I even started legitimately setting up my computer yesterday.  Need that final shelf above my desk for decorative things, like my Dad’s picture.
3.       Started going to the gym – only once a week so far. But hey it’s a start!
4.       Doing the low carb thing again.  Every year I promise myself to lose weight for my birthday.  I’ve got a month, hopefully – for the love of God I will at least begin losing weight this year.  I think I’m finally old enough to just do the grown up thing and say no to the things I don’t need and save up for the things I need.
5.       W got me totally addicted to Dynasty Warriors (although I suppose I’m a bit burnt out at the moment).
6.       I’ve been asking myself over and over again, why is it so hard? And what is wrong with people?  Honestly now, I just signed a EWG petition against the current draft of the US farm bill.  Why because apparently (yes I signed before doing my research – sue me). The government is siding with big Ag and against real food.  Food shouldn’t be something you have to know chemistry for.  As lazy as I am I still cook at least once a day.  Okay kinda all three meals.  A breakfast I make in my sleep (with hopefully sustainable chicken eggs – which I pay more for), I compile my yogurt parfait & lemon drink (also partially asleep), and more often than not I cook dinner for W and me.  He makes the meat on the grill and I make a bunch of veggies and rice/pasta/quinoa on the side.  What eats up my time is dishes.  I hate doing dishes.  I do them all day long – ridiculous!

I know cooking can be a drag.  I do it every day.  But what’s 10 here and 15 min there.  Unless you eat while driving – not Ideal – and there’s no one in the drive through.  You really don’t save that much time.  Not to mention I feel like making a box of rice a roni (which is such a guilty pleasure for me) takes just as much time as any other pasta dish (with veggies) I would make.

Food should be real and it shouldn’t be so DAMN COMPLICATED!
7.       I got into instagram for a bit there.  Have since slacked off.

Yup I think that’s about it for me.  Now back to organization projects.

*My Instagram photo for the day - not from today but still....

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment