Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cat bed pictures are coming soon.  Unfortunately, that probably means next week.  I haven't gotten out to Michael's or Joann's to get one little thing I need but that I think will really make a difference.  I think we need some little round poles to soften the edges of our cat hammock boxes.  Something to reinforce the fabric from staple wear.

Although we did get a coat of paint onto our planter boxes!  They'll be a nice glossy gray which should make the cat grass pop that much more.  Stoked.  Can't wait to see them.  Although one of our cats is missing.

We have two cats.  Squish who belongs to me and is completely dependent on me is a massive fluff ball and my baby.  Our other cat, Sphinx, is my boyfriends cat and had been a stray for a few years (and produced litters and litters of kittens).  Sphinx is adorable, she has amazingly huge clear green eyes and really only makes cute little noises when she's happy or wants something.  So Sphinx and Squish are kind of opposites so it's hard to decide who to love more.  Squish minds her business and rarely wants to hang out.  But honestly I've never really had an issue with her (unless she was punishing me for leaving her).  Sphinx on the other hand wants attention all the time (looking up at you with those giant eyes), she'll sit on your lap for hours...BUT... she seems to still be peeing on the carpet.  Or Squish was doing it because she's mad about Sphinx.

So yes, Sphinx is missing again.  Admittedly, she does this every once in a while.  She'll just disappear for a few days at a time.  Thank god we got her fixed not too long ago.  According to the doc she was slut.   It's been about three days and she's usually back by now wanting food.

I guess that's what's going on with me...oh yah!

So I live in Portland, OR.  Bikes rule the streets.   Let's just say that bikers hate cars and cars hate bikers.  Unfortunately, there are just as many shitty bicyclists as there are shitty drivers.  Anyways, I'm getting back into riding my back (the whole weight thing and it would be nice to make my own hours).  Normally the boy and I carpool so there's a coordination every night.  Back to the point, since winter seems to be about to break and I was working on a Sat, I rode my bike in and totally ate shit.

Damn you slick roads!  Did a full on tuck and roll.  Have a few bruises but honestly the only thing hurt here was my pride.  I'm just glad there weren't any cars around to 'secretly' celebrate my pain.  However, the runner I more than likely would have not have hit at all helped me back up and was real nice about it.  Should bring my bike into the shop though, my front brakes seem to have a rough spot on them.  Sucky.

So yah my first day back and I eat pavement.  I actually found a fleck of road reflective paint on my forehead when I got to work.  Oh yah, I was hoping for some good luck this spring.  However, after yesterday, and breaking two mirrors in the process. I think I'd better watch my back instead.

I suppose that's it for now.  My life's not that exciting but stuff does happen occasionally I guess.

Ciao Bellas!

P.S. I wasn't wearing any green when this happened and I suppose I'm Scottish after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment