Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hello!

So this is day one.  Funny, it feels like any other day. 

I suppose I should begin with who I am or what I want to talk about or even what I hope this blog will help me accomplish.  I'll go with door number 3.

Lately, I've been realizing that I need to do things while I am still young.  Yes, I consider 26 to be young....mainly because I don't feel like or want to grow up just yet.  I have spent my entire youth trying to live up to the expectations that I believed were from everyone around me.  I should explain: I went to catholic school for 14 years and I majored in Psychology in college.

There's plenty of time for me to explain or justify my thoughts to anyone who happens upon here, but not right now.  Back to what I want.  I want to change my life and I need to hold myself accountable somehow.  This will be my accountability tool.  I realize the hypocrisy of that considering I'm keeping myself anonymous at least for now.

Time to focus:
1. This will be the year I finally lose the weight I've been lugging around forever.  I'm tired of it and it's destroying my self-esteem.  I grew up chubby then lost it and have gained it back + a lot. 

According to my scale (which is apparently a few lbs nicer than reality) says I am 176.  Oy!  The last time I checked my measurements I was 
                         Neck: 13 in
                         Waist: 33 in
                         Hips: 41 in.
There's my dirty little secret.  Overall I just want to be in good shape - look good in jeans and a tank top.  But in the near future my barely achievable goal is 20lbs by the end of May (today is March 14).

Technically it's feasible but it will be damn hard. I know that and realistically if I managed to lose 15 I would be fucking ecstatic.  I dream big but expect "lettuce" (for another time).

No. 2.  I'm a fledgling 'hippy.'  Shhh. Don't tell anyone. As far as categorizing goes I would consider myself half-way in the hippy box.  Let's just say that my views can be radical, stereotypical, and conflicting so that will be saved for another day. My inner-hippy wants to make things.  I want to grow my own food, raise chickens, make clothes, ride my bike everywhere, eat organic, do all that jazz.  

I should mention that even though a part of me wants to be completely granola....I love my stuff too!  

3. I want to dance.  I can (sort of) I have rhythm an' all but I never practice.  I've been taking bellydance lessons off an on over the past few years and really want to get into Poi.  So I need to be held accountable for not doing that too.

There's a lot to do...I can do it assuming I get up off my ass...oh yah! I'm also ridiculously lazy to boot.

Here's to a new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment