Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 4 of blogging.  Somewhat sporadically but that's okay...it's not like anyone is hanging on to my every word.

Still no word from Sphinx.

There' s a chance foul play is afoot....or she's a stray and didn't feel like sticking around any longer.  It's tough to say.  I'm honestly just hoping she's okay - and not stuck in one of our vents again.  That would be really bad - we've had the heater running constantly.

We didn't finish the cat boxes last night. No surprise there. Nor did we put on another coat on the planter boxes - ditto.

What we did end up doing was hanging out at a tattoo parlor while our friend got another one.  He's an artist and finally branded himself with one of his own.  I'm an internet fiend and have about 10 blogs/sites that I check almost daily... ugliesttattoos.com is one of the ones I check about once a week.  As an off shoot of failblog.org, they obviously showcase the worst in people's taste but lately they seem to be doing more WIN!s.  Which of course just makes me want the one I've been planning soo much more.

I have the design, I have the place, I technically have the money, all I really need to do is finalize the coloring in my head.  I have two tattoos already.  Both about  an inch and a half in diameter and fairly easy to hide.  Nope! No tramp stamp.  I have a nordic rune on my left wrist and a variation of a triskele on my hip.

All of my tattoos are personal and are blood related.  The triskele is my symbol.  If I were Prince this would be my name.  I still love it although it could use a touch up.  The rune or "Helm of Awe" is a tat I got with my sis to symbolize our heritage (on one side of the family) and then it turned we aren't 'Viking' after all.  Oh well.  We're still blood.  The next one I want is in memory of my Grandma.  She passed away in December of 2009 and life hasn't been the same since.

It's not that we talked everyday or anything.  She was essentially the only real Mother I ever knew and just an amazingly strong and caring woman to boot.  She raised 7 kids, lived through more than one bout of cancer, religious (and actually loved thy neighbor) and was always in the kitchen.

One of her best qualities was that she was who she needed to be for everyone she knew.  With me she was a hand to hold, a lingering hug at the end of the night, and now more than ever a source for inspiration.  I was spoiled growing up and I wasn't smart enough to realize just how much.

I could go through my memories (admittedly there aren't enough of them).  I don't actually remember most of my childhood.  Below 12 is pretty much a blur.  And, through later snooping, apparently not a good time in my life.  I grew up with my Dad (who I gain more respect for everyday) and my Mom was purposefully a bit of a mystery.  I knew her, I saw her growing up but who she really is I will never know.

I will say this.  I have trust and commitment issues.   As far as trust goes, I trust you easily until I have been given a reason not to (yes of course second chances are given).  But once you're done you're done, I see no point in keeping someone in my life if I can't trust them.  Needless to say I have a small group of friends.

The commitment thing.  Well I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 years now.  I can easily see myself growing old with him, have never thought of cheating on him, can only think of two reasons to break up (1. He cheats on me 2. I cheat on him)...and yet the thought of marriage or buying a house, or sharing banks accounts terrifies me.

Who knows.

Well this has gotten long....til next time.

Ciao Bellas!


No comments:

Post a Comment