Tuesday, June 5, 2012

More randomness...yay!

It's lunchtime and while I don't have anything in particular to say it felt like a good time to say something.  According to the weather it's supposed to rain off an on until Saturday.  Looks like an indoor week to me!  W was pretty excited about it last night/this morning because that means he can just hang out at home and not feel like he should be going out and doing something.  I don't have this problem he speaks of; I'm a born and raised home-body who has little to no money until next month (until I get paid back anyways).

So to report my progress from yesterday.

  • Gym - nope.
  • Yoga this morning - nope
  • Watching less tv - yes and no
  • Go to bed early - nope!
0 for 4...On the other hand we were social last night.  50 cent wings and good beer, yes please!  So basically I drank too much and ate too much, passed out on the couch, and couldn't wake up in time to do the morning routine I want.  Oops.

I have however decided that I need to do my daily yoga when I get home today - hopefully I'll do it.  Tonight is laundry night (fun.) and then more arranging and sorting through stuff.  W and I are super exciting...although after the drama we used to live in boring is really nice (at least for now).

Here's a blogging topic: daily routine/(my ideal routine)

Mornings:
  • Wake up 7:05ish (6:30)
  • (yoga before breakfast)
  • Make breakfast 2 eggs with greens mix and some cheese (I cook my eggs with coconut oil)
  • Read emails
  • Start prepping lemon drink and lunch (done the night before)
    • Lemon Drink:
      • 1 tbsp-ish raw lemon juice* (**)
      • 1 tbsp-ish blackberry honey
      • 1 tbsp-ish chia seeds
* I juice organic lemons usually 3-5 lemons at a time, run the juice through a coffee filter and then freeze until next use
** tbsp-ish = the size of whatever regular spoon I am using.
    • Lunch (currently):
      • 1.5 cups (I think) Nancy's Honey Yogurt - love this tuff!
      • 1 cup frozen berry's - right now I'm using a blend from whole foods
      • 1 tbsp-ish Blackberry honey - again, in love
      • 1 tbsp-ish chia seeds
  • Shower by 7:30 (do the night before)
  • Get dressed and eventually ride bike to work (a whopping 2.5 miles downhill)
  • Work til roughly 5-5:30.  Snacking on cookies through most of the day - it can get kind of boring sometimes and Joe Joe's are just SO hard to say no to.
  • Ride home
  • Make Dinner 
  • Watch TV
  • Sleep (usually dragging my butt to bed around 11-11:30)
Mornings are fairly productive.  Between prep work, doing dishes (a lot of times I let dishes soak overnight - they're a lot easier to clean that way), and making sure W is up.  Sometimes he lags so I watch the clock for him (despite his protests).  Evenings on the other hand....make food veg in front of tv/comp. Clean up kitchen, sometimes. Go to bed.  I should start prepping at night.  Mornings would be so much easier that way.  And when I wake up late (like today) it's no biggie.

I think my main hurdle between my current and ideal morning is going to be during yoga before breakfast.  I break fast as soon as I wake up (normally).  The above statement is based on me doing everything else the night before.  That way I can ultimately get my 1/2 hr of yoga in every morning.  Lord knows I will not be waking up any earlier than my goal of 6:30.  Not that I have been up anywhere near 6:30 in the last 6 months, but that's when my alarm goes off (until it goes off again at 35, 40, and 45).

So that's my routine.  It's pretty basic, could use some sprucing up and quite frankly is boring as hell but it helps keep me from going out and spending too much money. I need to build up my savings account again - since I spent ALL of it moving into the apartment.

Back to work.  Lunch break is now over.

Ciao Bella!



No comments:

Post a Comment